Reflections Theme Search for 2015-2016 Contest
Submissions due Oct. 30, 2014
The student who submits the winning entry will receive $100, and his or her theme will be presented at the Annual National PTA Convention and Exhibition in Charlotte, North Carolina from June 25-28, 2015.
Click Here for the PTA Reflections Theme Search Entry Form
Football game on Tuesday, Oct. 28
vs. Salem MS at Landstown HS at 6:00 p.m.
To see this week's upcoming events, go to our page at: THIS WEEK
To see all upcoming events and notices, please go to our Bulletin Board at: http://www.vbschools.com/pages/news
In the News
THIS WEEK at Landstown Middle School
To see a list of this weeks activities, go to http://www.landstownms.vbschools.com/pages/secondary/weeklyevents/index.asp
- Tuesday, October 28, 2014, from 5:30 - 8:00 p.m. is College Night at the Virginia Beach Convention Center.
- Students and their parents will have the opportunity to speak with college and university representatives concerning programs of studies, admissions requirements, costs, and student life. There is no admission charge to attend College Night. Students and their parents are invited to attend.
A Look at Assessment
To accurately measure student mastery of core knowledge and demonstration of 21st century skills, Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) uses a variety of assessments including, but not limited to, performance tasks, multiple-choice tests and essays. Many of the assessments students take are required by the state and federal departments of education to measure student progress toward performance benchmarks. Local assessments (locally- and externally-developed) are used to monitor student progress, differentiate instruction, identify students for participation in specific programs and measure students' mastery of 21st century skills.
To help parents better understand the various tests students take, their purpose and why they are important, the school division has developed this informational brochure.
- Spirit Wear is being handled by Sports Hut online at http://www.thesportshut.com/landstown/
- Four ways to order:
- Preferred Method: PTSA mailbox (Check, Cash, CC payment). Drop in the main office or send in with your child to their homeroom
- E-mail (CC payment only ): [email protected]
- Phone (CC payment only): 517.424.4888
- Mail (Check or CC payment): Sports Hut, 214 East Chicago Blvd, Tecumseh, MI 49286 ATTN: Shelly
- Membership is $6. Quarterly Student Member's only activities will be included in all student memberships.
- Thank you to all the parents and students that have already become members of our PTSA. We have many awesome activities planned this year and it is not too late to join. Please complete a membership form, staple your money to the form, and send it with your child to turn in during home room (or you can mail it directly to the school).
- Click Here for PTSA membership letter