Please call 757.648.4761 for an appointment
Registration hours 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. M-F
To see this week's upcoming events, go to our page at: THIS WEEK
To see all upcoming events and notices, please go to our Bulletin Board at: http://www.vbschools.com/pages/news
In the News
Bus routes for Lancer Launch are found below. Please note that these routes are only for Lancer Launch and not the routes your children will use on regular school days.
|Bus 24||Bus 387||Bus 510||Bus 519||Bus 557|
- If you plan on sending your child home on the bus, please make sure they ride the bus in the morning to ensure they know which one to ride. Please review the bus routes with your child so that they are informed as to their bus number.
- Children whose parents are dropping them off can begin arriving at 8:45 a.m.
- An informational session for parents will begin at 1:45 p.m. Representatives from the PTSA will be here for memberships and spiritwear. Representatives from before and after school child care providers will also be on site to provide information about their programs.
- A PARENT Q&A with administration and guidance will begin in the auditorium at 2:00 p.m. Open house with the 6th grade core teachers will follow.
- It is extremely important that your child knows if you will be coming for Open House. Those children whose parents are NOT attending Open House will be dismissed at 3:00p.m. and will be expected to have transportation via a parent/guardian or the school bus.
- All students and parents should bring a copy of their schedule to Lancer Launch/Open House
- A pizza lunch will be provided. If your child has any food allergies they should plan to bring a lunch from home.
Registration and Guidance Office Hours
Please call 757.648.4761 for a registration appointment
The Guidance Office is open Monday-Thursday from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Landstown Middle School Newsletter
The Landstown MS Newsletter can be viewed at
A Look at Assessment
To accurately measure student mastery of core knowledge and demonstration of 21st century skills, Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) uses a variety of assessments including, but not limited to, performance tasks, multiple-choice tests and essays. Many of the assessments students take are required by the state and federal departments of education to measure student progress toward performance benchmarks. Local assessments (locally- and externally-developed) are used to monitor student progress, differentiate instruction, identify students for participation in specific programs and measure students' mastery of 21st century skills.
To help parents better understand the various tests students take, their purpose and why they are important, the school division has developed this informational brochure.
- Membership is $6. Quarterly Student Member's only activities will be included in all student memberships.
- Thank you to all the parents and students that have already become members of our PTSA. We have many awesome activities planned this year and it is not too late to join. Please complete a membership form, staple your money to the form, and send it with your child to turn in during home room (or you can mail it directly to the school).
- CLICK HERE for PTSA membership letter