Schools will be closed for Thanksgiving on Nov. 27 & 28
Dec. 9: Chorus Concert at 6:30 p.m.
Dec. 11: Orchestra Concert at 6:30 p.m.
Dec. 16: Band Concert at 6:30 p.m.
VBCPS Academy Program Information Nights
For more detailed information, CLICK HERE
Application Deadline is Monday, Feb. 2, 2015
To see this week's upcoming events, go to our page at: THIS WEEK
To see all upcoming events and notices, please go to our Bulletin Board at: http://www.vbschools.com/pages/news
In the News
THIS WEEK at Landstown Middle School
To see a list of this weeks activities, go to http://www.landstownms.vbschools.com/pages/secondary/weeklyevents/index.asp
Holiday Concerts at Landstown Middle School
Dec. 9, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
Dec. 11, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
Dec. 16, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
VBCPS Academy Program & Advanced Academic Program Information Nights
For more detailed information, go to http://www.vbschools.com/curriculum/academyprog/info.asp
Application Deadline is Monday, Feb. 2, 2015
Visual and Performing Arts Academy at Salem High School; Nov. 18, 2014 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Legal Studies Academy at First Colonial High School; Dec. 9, 2014 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Mathematics and Science Academy at Ocean Lakes High School; Dec. 10, 2014 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Global Studies and World Languages Academy at Tallwood High School; Dec. 16, 2014 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program at Plaza Middle School
Schools O-W: Jan. 7, 2015 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Schools A-N: Jan. 8, 2015 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Health Sciences Academy at Bayside High School; Jan. 15, 2015 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Governor's STEM & Technology Academy at Landstown High School; Jan. 13, 2015 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
International Baccalaureate Program at Princess Anne High School; Jan. 14, 2015 from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Project LEAD: Leadership Exploration and DevelopmentWant to meet new people, learn leadership skills, or just get involved? Check out Project LEAD. Project LEAD consists of 5 interactive sessions teaching specific leadership skills. Check out the session on GROUP DYNAMICS to be held on Wednesday, January 21. Be sure to sign up at the entrance of your hallway or in the SAC office. If you have any questions, see the Student Activities Coordinator Ms. Drury. The sessions for the year are as follows:
- Monday, November 24, 2014: Communication
- Wednesday, January 21, 2015: Group Dynamics
- Wednesday, February 10, 2015: Problem Solving
- Wednesday, May 13, 2015: So You Might Be Interested in Running for Office
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015: Facilitation Skills
Holiday Lights at the Beach Tickets
Please support the LMS PTSA by purchasing discounted Holiday Lights at the Beach tickets! The tickets
are $8 each and represent a substantial discount over the regular ticket rate of $15. The tickets are
good ANY TIME from November 21, 2014 to January 1, 2015. $3 per ticket goes back to the LMS PTSA to fund programs that benefit our children!
A Look at Assessment
To accurately measure student mastery of core knowledge and demonstration of 21st century skills, Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) uses a variety of assessments including, but not limited to, performance tasks, multiple-choice tests and essays. Many of the assessments students take are required by the state and federal departments of education to measure student progress toward performance benchmarks. Local assessments (locally- and externally-developed) are used to monitor student progress, differentiate instruction, identify students for participation in specific programs and measure students' mastery of 21st century skills.
To help parents better understand the various tests students take, their purpose and why they are important, the school division has developed this informational brochure.
- Spirit Wear is being handled by Sports Hut online at http://www.thesportshut.com/landstown/
- Four ways to order:
- Preferred Method: PTSA mailbox (Check, Cash, CC payment). Drop in the main office or send in with your child to their homeroom
- E-mail (CC payment only ): [email protected]
- Phone (CC payment only): 517.424.4888
- Mail (Check or CC payment): Sports Hut, 214 East Chicago Blvd, Tecumseh, MI 49286 ATTN: Shelly
- Membership is $6. Quarterly Student Member's only activities will be included in all student memberships.
- Thank you to all the parents and students that have already become members of our PTSA. We have many awesome activities planned this year and it is not too late to join. Please complete a membership form, staple your money to the form, and send it with your child to turn in during home room (or you can mail it directly to the school).
- Click Here for PTSA membership letter