Landstown Middle School Counseling
Landstown Middle School Guidance Team
Regular Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Monday through Thursday)
Registration available by appointment only at 757.648.4761. All registration documents must be completed prior to scheduling an appointment.
Final registration appointment of the day is at 3:00 p.m.
Landstown Middle School Mission
The mission of the Virginia Beach City Public Schools High/Middle/Elementary School Guidance Program is to partner with parents, community, faculty and staff to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career, and personal/social development of all students thus preparing them with the knowledge and skills to be productive members of society.
Sign up for our Counselor Chronicle Newsletter
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I contact the Guidance Department at Landstown Middle School or get more information?
For further information or to schedule a conference, the Guidance Department can be contacted at 648-4761.
Please call main guidance 648-4761, at least 3 days before your child will be transferring from LMS. This helps us get all paperwork, textbooks and health information in order. We need the date of transfer and where the student will be transferring to. Your cooperation is appreciated.
How is a student referred to the School Counselor?
In order to help students deal with issues that effect academic performance, students may come to the guidance office with written permission from his or her teacher. Parents may call the guidance office to request that a counselor see his or her child if needed.
Are students required to participate in the Program?
No student is required to participate in any guidance and counseling program to which the parents of that student object. Parents may choose to limit participation in any or all guidance and counseling services at any time by sending a letter to the school principal or by completing a guidance form available at the school.
What does the guidance program provide for students?
- Assists students in their educational, career, personal and social development
- Helps students resolve problems which interfere with learning
- Facilitates educational and career planning
- Increases knowledge of self and others Supports students with specific needs
What is the School Guidance and Counseling Program in Virginia Beach?
The Purpose of the K-12 Guidance and Counseling program is to support home and school efforts to promote students' academic/ educational, personal /social, and career development. It is an integral part of each school's total educational program. Organized and implemented by licensed school counselors, with the support of parents, teachers, administrators and students the program is designed to :
- Foster positive attitudes toward school learning and work
- Improve academic achievement
- Encourage personal responsibility
- Foster respect for self and others
- Facilitate educational and career planning and school-to-work transitions
What are the credentials of Counselors?
**Masters degree from and approved college/university in school counseling
**Two Years of successful full-time teaching or relevent work experience in guidance and counseling
**Licensed by the Virginia Department of Education
How can I get forms I need?
Click on the form below to open a PDF version of the document.
Print it out and return it to the Guidance Department.
- Middle School Request for No-Credit Option (Expunge Form)
- Change of Information Form
- Registration Emergency Data Form
Click on the link below to open the appropriate VBCPS webpage.
- School Calendar
- Middle School Parent / Student Handbook
- Code of Student Conduct
- Breakfast and Lunch Menus
- Secondary School Curriculum / Student Guide for 2014-2015
- School Hours
- Vaccination Requirements
- "Electrifying Careers"
- Mid-Atlantic Guide to Information on Careers
- My Road - College Board's college and career planning web site
- SOAR: Resources for Military Children and their Classmates
- Virginia Career View
- Virginia Wizard
- Virginia College Savings Plan - 529 Plan
- "Youth Cafe" - Youth Career Center Hampton Roads